Oh Tassie... how i love you when the sun is shining. Everyone is walking around with a jig in their step a smile across their face and are oozing with happiness. Well i am anyway, for the first time since i have been home, i feel very happy to be here. The weather is warm, the sun is out, the flowers are in full bloom and well i just had a lovely day and evening with my friends. Life is pretty good. But it was only yesterday that i was having a whinge about the weather, we had the fire going whilst it poured with rain, and i felt like i had just stepped from Britain into the arctic. I felt like i had made a terrible mistake. But its those times when you need some friends or just a mum. My mum. She is amazing. I couldn’t really ask for a better. When times are bad or sad or you just don’t feel too crash hot, what do you do? Well take a leaf out of my mums book, crank up the stereo with your favourite tunes and dance around the lounge room. Then it doesn’t matter if the weather is shit. If its raining and freezing cold, if you have no money, no phone and not a clue to do for the next few months. Just dance. Dance. Dance. Dance.

I have now been home for almost two weeks and in some ways it feels like I never left. My amazing experience overseas is like a foggy dream in the back of my head and here and now has always been my life. And Here and now consists of a lot of working and not much fun. Its been pretty full on since i have been home, i was on a quest to find a job and two days in i was waitressing at Prosser’s On the Beach in Sandy Bay. Its wonderful because now i am earning some dollar, i can pay off all of my debts and have some fun but its also difficult because i am so used to having hours of spare time to do not much, and now i am working i seem to have not much free time and so much to do!

beautiful hobart (where myer burnt down)




I also managed to get another job working at the library cafe zest which is good, ever so slowly the money is rolling in. And the tips at Prossers are amazing so i cant really complain, although i did do a 13 hour day the other day and i was pretty much sick of the sight of seafood and pretending to be a pleasant waitress by the 10th hour. But i guess thats reality. Im back in the real world now. And the real world isn’t wanting me to go to Falls Festival over new years and i am gutted. So i have pretty much told my boss that i want to get paid well otherwise i will go. Like paid really well.
So i am definitely having a bit of a travel comedown, up until today i have been quite sad about being home, i mean its great to see my friends
and my family and my cats and to sleep in my bed and eat amazingly good home-cooked dinners and drink soya lattes that don’t taste like poo and for life to be easy....




my dear friend kait







but... im missing all the excitement and the unknown of what the day holds and what will happen next. So i am keeping my mind occupied with future plans and i know we shouldn’t think about the future too much, live in the here and now and all that, but i am a thinker and i do like to plan my next few years or even year.
So here is a question Tassie... will i stay or wont i?