So i know that we are already 3 weeks into the twenty eleven but i wanted to talk a little bit about new years resolutions and all that. I always think its fascinating what people hope for in the new year, what they aim to do and then looking back at the year at what they did. Last year i had a huge year and i don’t think i made one resolution. But drunk at falls this year, just after midnight, i announced my new years resolution was “to be friends with everyone!” I had decided that everyone i ever met, or even smiled at, should be my friend! So dear friends, if you are walking past me in the street, please stop and shake my hand or introduce yourself!But i now have a few resolutions that i will share and i hope not to break. To write in this blog at least once a month. Because i want to be a writer and i should start actually doing it. To get fit (i think everyone has that resolution) to do a painting, to play my guitar, to play my ukulele, to write for some sort of publication, and yeaaaah i could go on for a long time... but theres a few. Will be interesting to look back and see if i do any of these.
So a lot has happened of recent, my dear Greek friend Christina came to stay, we went camping, Christmas happened, i ate a lot, new years eve at falls which was fun as per usual, the taste of Tasmania, where i took lots of photos and some got on the mercury website! Also went to the cygnet folk festival and spent a whole day without shoes just to be hippy like, then mona foma happened which was bloody awesome. Listened to lots of music and saw many strange things but i haven’t been to the museum yet- i am setting aside a whole day! AND my friend ellie just came home who is getting MARRIED in like less than 2 weeks. So WOW. Don’t you think? Wow wow wow. And im a bridesmaid! So hens night preparations have been pretty hectic for myself but im sure it will be a hideously fun night....
A few old thoughts that I have been meaning to put on my blog but never did:I bought a ‘Space Jam’ cd from the op-shop the other day and I was so darn excited to put it on, i pumped the volume up to 20 (on my new stereo received for chrissy which sounds kindofamazing) i sat on my bed and waited. I waited for the joy that i felt when i was 7 years old and i listened to that same space jam album. I friggin loved that movie and i loved the music and i was kind of in love with Michael Jordan. Probably just like every other 7 year old back in 1996? Oh those were the days... and buying that cd and hearing all those horribly wonderful tunes just brings all those childhood memories flooding back. Oh what i would do to just have a few days being a crazy kid again. No worries in the world. No work. No money. No worrying about that food doing that and all those calories in that (not that i worry about that at all) and having fun without any kind of substance... just exhileration, toys and other kids. Oh gosh. I feel a bit sad. But its life and the main thing is, my life isn’t that hard at the moment. I have been keeping a little bit up to date on the news and holy cow, the floods in QLD are horrible. Life isn’t bad, my house could be underwater... i know so far we haven’t had a great summer but at least we aren’t all swimming to work...
My friend greek Christina came down from Sydney, she was doing the same exchange program as i did but in Sydney so that was pretty lovely. I got another taste of my little greek life of last year, she cooked some delicacies and we went on a beautiful camping trip up the east coast. We also shared a lot of stories and thoughts and girly stuff like that and it was really quite wonderful. Sometimes you need to be stuck in a tent or a car with someone for 48 hours to really get to know them and i feel like now we have grown so close and its wonderful. Gosh im all happy sad today... but here is some photos of the trip.. enough words.
So i have loads more to say BUT no more boring words... pictures!



uncle jez rez came to stay too. that was interesting but now he's home i kind of miss him.
falls... just a few...





i also went out to brighton where they are planning to build a bypass over the top of aboriginal heritage land where they found relics 40,000 years old. it makes me so mad that the ignorant government spend millions of dollars protecting sites like port arthur that are 200 years old when right under there feet is ancient history. it was a great experience and i hope to get involved and accepted some more. there will be more news of this in upcoming posts. i hope...





so thats kind of my life in photos. i have hundreds more but its very slow at uploading and i think this is the best so far...
And i am listening to the Dirty three... very beautiful.
till next time which will be sooner than the last!